Things are going a little better now with time to process what happened. The kids are getting through this better than I hoped. Anthony's funeral is tonight so we will be attending that. I'm looking forward to the chance to meet his mom. I wrote her a letter and tried to express the fact that she will see him again. This has been a growing experience for our family and helped us discuss gospel priciples with each other. The community has really come together and is banding together although everyone is mourning. The boys say school has been eerily quiet (interspersed with crying) all week. Hopefully we will all grow stronger together.
Adam auditioned for an entertainment role at Six Flags and got a callback yesterday. They're acting like he has it, so hopefully he does. He'll be singing and dancing in the pavillion where they have their restaurants for the guests, so it should be something he'll really enjoy. Of course, that commits him for the summer, so it looks like the mission papers aren't going in yet.
Emily is still working hard with her color guard girls at the high school. They have a competition this weekend in Austin so it'll be good to see if all this work is paying off!
The rest of us are plugging along; trying to work hard and stay busy. We feel really blessed to have the gospel in our lives and are thankful for Christ's sacrifice for us. We love you all!
I'm Back At It!
11 years ago



1 comment:
I'm glad that this tragedy has brought people closer together, it seems like testimonies are strengthened and renewed when we have to depend heavily on what we know through the gospel. What a blessing it is to know that this is not the end! I hope and pray all of you are well, and that the families of the boys are filled with comfort.
Please, Adam is not old enough to go on a mission! :) He is still a deacon, MAYBE a teacher...that's how it feels to me. *sigh*
Post a Comment