Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy 18th Birthday, Emily!!

Happy 18th, Emily! I can't believe the tiny little babe I used to cradle in my arms is an 18 year old woman now. And quite a beautiful one at that. Her birthday was yesterday, and we had a couple of her closest friends over to have cake and ice cream with us after dinner. We had such a good time that the girls were laughing until they cried. It was too much fun!
Emily and I are going to Time Out for Women this weekend; just the two of us. We are going to spend the night on the Riverwalk after the Friday night session and walk over early Saturday morning for that day's events. We are very excited to get to spend some time together before she leaves for Utah next week. No boys allowed!
Alex is healing nicely after his "severely sprained" ankle from last week; he even went to school today with no crutches. He's been hopping and hobbling around the house since someone jumped on his foot (accidentally) on a trampoline after a dance last Saturday night. It was humongously swollen and gross and purple for a good week afterwards but looks much better now. The doctor thought he might have broken the foot or the ankle; it was so swollen that we couldn't tell if it was the foot or ankle, but the x-rays were negative, thankfully.
Adam is looking at working at the UPS store in the time he's not working at Domilno's so he can save money faster for his mission. I personally just think he should go and let us worry about paying for it, but he's trying to help. He is a good boy...or man, I guess! Oh, and anyone wishing to donate to the "send Adam on his mission" fund is welcome to contact me! Hee hee!
Evan is doing great and just plugging along. He's doing a great job on the drumline and really enjoys it. He's trying not to get a big head since the drumline has a reputation as being the most prideful members of the band, but I think it's grown a little!
We send our love to all our friends and family and hope to see you guys soon! Great day to all!

2 comments:

Nocella Clan said...

I had no idea you guys had a blog and I am so excited. You guys look so great and I can't believe how grown up all the kiddos are. Our blog is set to private so as soon as I send this comment I am going to send you an invite!!! We miss the Hansen crew.

Laura said...

No way your kids are that old. It's not allowed, I forbid it. How do they get older and we stay looking young and beautiful?