Monday, October 6, 2008

Much Ado About Nothing

Not much exciting going on here, just the everyday madness! I think we've finally settled down to a routine with the younger two kids in seminary and school. We're trying family prayer in the morning before the kids go to seminary and scripture study at night before bed, and that seems to be working well. Hopefully it will continue to work well! Alex and Evan did really well at their first band competition on Saturday. Their band took first place in several events and overall. For the first competition for the high school's first year, it was outstanding! We are so proud of them when we see them marching on the field.
Emily had two high schools fighting over her to have her work for them assisting with the color guard. She chose to work with Johnson, the school the boys attend. She worked with many of the girls when she was on the color guard in high school last year. She's very excited and begins work today.
Adam was promoted to Assistant Manager at Domino's and is enjoying having more money to spend and more money to save for his mission. He is doing well and enjoying life, maybe a bit too much!
Tom is so happy to be retired from the Air Force. He is doing the same job he did while active duty, just as a civilian now. He likes having all the pressure off and having a more relaxed day. He is happier when he comes home now.
I'm still working at the Distribution Center for our church, and I really enjoy it. We are losing our manager because she is getting married in December. I'm very happy for her but sad for me because she is such a sweetie and I will miss her. It will be hard to get used to a new manager with a new style but hopefully it will work out okay.
That's about it for us now. I've been working on scrapbooking and making Christmas cards and that has been a stress-reliever for me. So when you get your cards at Christmastime from us, remember they were made with love!
'Til next time....

No comments: