Saturday, November 14, 2009

Holy Cow!! Where do I begin??

Wow. Really, where do I begin? Here goes: Summer plans really changed since May. Adam quit working at Six Flags and is involved in a theater, doing productions for the company. He works for Woodlawn Theater (www.woodlawntheatre.com). He played Anthony in Sweeney Todd, which just ended its run. He will be Lumiere in Beauty and the Beast which will start after Thanksgiving. He really loves it, but it is not a paying position yet. The owners want him to start a Children's Theater after the first of the year. He will get paid to produce plays for kids, with kids in them, and teaching them technique, etc. He is very excited for that to begin. He is doing well. He got married on Oct. 4th to a wonderful girl named Amanda. We love her so much. They are going to have a baby in May and are so excited! That's probably our biggest news of the year. In other news, last time I wrote Emily had decided not to go to OU, but to go to BYU-Idaho. She did get in, and will begin school in January. We are enjoying the time we have with her before she leaves us! She's excited about the cold weather and school, but I think she's most excited to go snowboarding! We're thrilled for her.
Alex is doing well in school and did a great job in marching band this season. He has regional auditions for tuba next weekend. Band has dominated his life for the past few months and he's ready for the break from marching. He made region choir as a bass and is excited for that to begin.
Evan's doing well in school also. He had a great time in marching band this year and is loving being on the drumline. He plays the snare drum. He placed well in the auditions for regional choir also and will be having his first concert tonight. He sings tenor.
Tom has been through two jobs since getting out of the air force. The first one was at the base doing IT stuff. He just began a new job this past Monday, working with a company out of D.C. doing national immunization stuff. I'm sure he could describe it better than I! He'll be working from home at least until January, and hopefully a lot of the time after that. So far he loves it!
I had to quit the Distribution Center job in June because I couldn't really do the work anymore because of my knees. In July I had knee replacement surgery on my left knee; what an adventure that turned out to be. Recovery is much slower than I expected. I'm doing well though. As soon as all the pain and swelling is gone I'll be able to get around great; then they have to go in and do the other one. Fun, fun! I am really enjoying being home and don't know if I'll ever go back to working again.
Overall we are doing really well. We're all excited for our baby to come, and hopefully ready for the changes that will come into our lives. We send our love to all of you, and will post wedding pictures when we get them back from our photographer!

No comments: