Sunday, August 3, 2008

Count your blessings!

It's eight in the morning on Sunday morn and Tom and I are the only ones awake. It is so peaceful in the house right now, like our world is gearing up for the kids to come alive. I love early mornings like this; I just don't love getting out of bed to enjoy them! Adam came home from his date last night around midnight to tell us that a deer ran into the side of his car when he was leaving Kaitlyn's house. I just went out to see the damage and it isn't as bad as it could have been. The dent goes all the way to the window on the driver's side door and he was driving with the window down! I'm surprised the deer didn't just jump on in with him!
Alex and Evan begin extensive band camp this week...three-a-days. It lasts until school starts so I've basically seen the last of them for a while. And with Adam and Emily working all the time, I'm missing them all. They grow up and have their own lives too fast. But they're all healthy and strong and great kids so I'm thankful for that. At work on Friday I was helping a mom and her daughter who was probably almost thirty get ready to go to the temple. The daughter had her kids, a six-year-old and her four year old son with her. While the daughter was trying on her dress, the mom told me that they had had a rough year. The daughter's husband had left her, and they had found out that the little boy has leukemia. That really slapped me into reality. Just when you think you've got troubles, someone like that comes along and you realize how bad it could be, and just how blessed and lucky you are. That was my lesson for the day. Now I am going to try to post a different picture of Alex 'cuz he doesn't like the one I already put on here. Everyone have a great day, and count your blessings!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is crazy...just the other day when I was stressing at work and thinking how bad things were, my cube-mate said her friend in NY just called her and said his mom was just given days to live as she was dying from cancer...today she told me that she was going back to NY for the funeral! Life isn't so bad...just hard every once in awhile...Love you sis!